China has warned US President Donald Trump that any trade war between the two countries will bring nothing but harm.
China’s Commerce Minister Zhong Shan told this to reporters on the sidelines of the Parliament session in Beijing amid concerns that Trump may hike tariffs against Chinese goods.
He said, that cooperation is the only right choice and the two countries should work to enhance it and manage differences. Mr. Zhong expressed the belief that the two countries will make the right judgement on bilateral trade ties.
Zhong Shan held a news conference in Beijing on Saturday on the sidelines of the annual session of the National People’s Congress. He took office last month.
Zhong referred to US President Donald Trump’s pledge to correct his nation’s trade deficit with China. The minister said 56 percent of US soybean exports, 16 percent of US automobile exports, and 15 percent of US semiconductor exports are destined for China.
Zhong said many American and Western friends think that China can’t live without the United States but that’s only half true. He added the United States can’t live without China, either.
Zhong said any form of protectionism is not in line with the interests of the 2 countries and that a trade war will bring nothing but harm.
Zhong said he’d like to meet US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross at an early date. The minister described Ross as an outstanding businessman and an experienced negotiator.
Zhong said he is willing to deal with excellent people because they play the long game and think strategically. The minister added he and Ross share the goal of deepening cooperation and controlling differences in opinion.
Ks of South Koreans took to the streets on Saturday night for a last, festive candlelight rally to celebrate former President Park Geun-hye’s ouster.
The constitutional court handed down a unanimous ruling Friday to force Park out of office. Park became the first South Korean president to be ousted through impeachment.
The streets and roads along the Gwanghwamun Square in downtown Seoul were cheering crowded with people welcoming the court’s decision. Some took a selfie in celebration of the historic moment, with others setting off fireworks.
Further entertainment for the Ks the Groups of musicians rollicked around, playing traditional South Korean percussion. During the main event, jubilant people with a candle in their hands cheered each other as they took part in the rally that lasted ever Saturday night for the past five months.
This is the last candlelight vigil as the scandal-hit president was permanently removed from office. Participants called for Park’s imprisonment and the transfer of presidential power.
“It was a victory in the square and the politics of candlelight,” one speaker said on the main stage. He demanded Park be imprisoned and the presidential Blue House be searched over an influence-peddling scandal.
Park, 65, was subject to criminal indictment and detention as she lost her immunity as the head of state. Prosecutors have branded Park as an accomplice of Choi Soon-sil, Park’s decades-long confidante who is now in custody for multiple charges including bribery.
According to a local pollster survey, 69.4 percent respondents said Park should be taken into custody for investigation. Those in favor of probe without detention were 17.8 percent, while just 9.6 percent people were against any investigation.
An overwhelming majority of South Koreans, both liberal and conservative, demanded in one voice that corruptions and unfairness be cleared away.
“The ancient regime symbolized by Park Geun-hye came to an end, and a new era will be ushered in,” said Peter Lee, an office worker who attended the boisterous candlelight vigil.
Lee said both progressive and conservative voters shouted in union for the end of the Park government, which he said would be the best legacy left behind candlelight vigils. Park’s ouster means justice still prevails in South Korea, he added.
But the possibility of conflicts still remains. Hundreds of meters away from the square, loyalists to Park held a separate rally, refusing to accept the court’s decision. They claimed that Park is innocent and the trial is unconstitutional.
Three Park supporters died in the pro-Park demonstration on Friday as enraged protesters clashed with riot police following the court’s ruling to uphold the impeachment motion.
According to the Realmeter poll, 86 percent of people believed the court’s ruling was right. Only 12 percent said it was not right, with 2 percent declining to reply.
A whopping 92 percent said people should accept the court’s decision. Those against the ruling took up just 6 percent of the total respondents.
Liberal Party of Western Australia (WA) has been voted out of government in a landmark result for the state’s Australian Labor Party (ALP).
The new Labor government, led by Premier-elect Mark McGowan, is expected to pick up as many as 41 of the 59 seats in the lower house of WA parliament.
The election marks the end of eight and a half years in Opposition for the ALP in WA, traditionally one of Australia’s most conservative states.
Among the casualties for the Liberals in the 16 percent swing against the party were at least four government ministers with two others also facing the possibility of losing their seat.
McGowan used his victory speech to push home his key election promises, most notably a multi-billion-dollar public transport system for the state.
“With success comes responsibility and the obligation to implement our program,” McGowan told his jubilant supporters.
“We will get to work immediately on carrying out our plans.”
“You deserve good government and, with my team, I am committed to delivering just that,” McGowan said.
Though McGowan will have unconditional control on the lower house, his party’s hold on the WA Senate will be much more tenuous with minor parties winning as many as five seats.
Outgoing Premier Colin Barnett, who faced a leadership challenge in September of 2016 as signs were ominous for the election, said he did all he could to retain government for the party.
“My best shot wasn’t good enough, but I can assure you I gave it my best shot,” Barnett said.
“I pledged to be a pro-development government and a government of integrity.. and we have.”
“The over-riding factor was time. The voters only give a government a certain amount of time. It’s a trend,” Barnett added.
The results have been described as disastrous for the far-right wing One Nation Party (ONP) which, despite winning two seats in the Senate, received just 4.5 percent of the vote in the lower house and won no seats.
German police have sealed off a major shopping centre in the central city of Essen, citing the threat of a terror attack.
In a statement, local police said they have concrete information regarding a possible attack and the shopping centre will be closed all Saturday. Though there was no announcement of arms or explosives being found, police said two men had been picked up for questioning.
The country is on high alert following scenes of carnage at a Christmas market in Berlin in December, when an IS terrorist rammed a truck into a crowd of pedestrians, killing 12 people.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has described the Dutch Government as Nazi remnants and fascists, amid a diplomatic row over a cancelled rally.
Turkey’s Family Minister was also blocked from entering the Turkish consulate in Rotterdam as the spat between the two nations worsened yesterday. Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said Erdogan’s remark was way out of line.
Earlier, a rally in the city due to be hosted by the Turkish Foreign Minister was banned for security reasons. Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu had been hoping to harness the votes of the Turkish diaspora in the Netherlands, home to some 400,000 Turks, ahead of a referendum in Turkey next month on whether to expand Mr Erdogan’s powers.
In this regard, Turkey has summoned the Dutch charge d’affaires to the foreign ministry in Ankara for an explanation.
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte issued a statement, calling the visit of the Turkish minister “irresponsible” and the rhetoric by Turkish authorities “unacceptable.”
“In mutual contact with Turkey, Netherlands has repeatedly made it clear that public order and security in our country should not be compromised,” Rutte said, adding that the Dutch government repeatedly told its Turkish counterparts that Kaya is “not welcome in the Netherlands.”
Turkey’s family affairs minister has been escorted to the Dutch-German border as crowds of Turkish protesters rallied at the consulate in Rotterdam. The minister was earlier prevented from staging a pro-Erdogan rally outside the diplomatic premises.
Fatma Betul Sayan Kaya was detained by the Dutch police at the consulate before being further escorted to Germany,“Minister Kaya is on her way to Germany, accompanied by police. Her car is being driven back. This also applies to her guards and employees,” Rotterdam’s mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb told news agency NOS.
Austria, Germany and Switzerland also banned similar gatherings where Turkish officials were due to speak.
National Vice President,
Akhil Bhartiya Patarkar Manch.
The Editor New Delhi, India News
New Delhi-Agra,India News:
Vice President,Delhi Chapter,
The Newspaper Editor's Society.
CEO:Enkay Sagar Holdings P Ltd:
Former Secretary,Delhi Region
International Theosophical Society.
The Spiritual Motivator:Consultant.